Thursday, February 14, 2008

Qlock: Multiple timezones on your desktop

Most of us, at one time or the other in our chat sessions with friends/family would have asked "What time is it in your place?" Yep!! It was the same with me too!
Earlier, I used to do a Google search to get the clock of that place, but always thought that it would be great to have something on my desktop which tells me what time it is in the other part of the world. Thanks to my Sydney Uncle who suggested "Qlock" to me.

Qlock provides multiple timezones on your desktop. It has a beautiful User Interface and no wonder it's FREE. Download qlock from http://www.qlock.com/download. After visiting this link, scroll down and click the link which shows "Download Qlock (free)"

Looking at the picture, you must be wondering it may appear like cluttering the desktop :), but it isn't as I have posted low-resolution pictures to save your bandwidth.

You can drag and drop any of the "Qlock" cities and place it anywhere on the desktop. Moreover, you can even delete or add Qlocks. You can customize qlock to the choice of your color, size, format and transparency.

Qlock provides the following features:
  • Multiple time zones
  • Multiple time format (12/24)
  • Smaller Icons
  • Transparency
  • Alarm
  • Notes


How to Customize

Size
: To change the qlock to a smaller icon, right click on any of the Qlocks and click "Set Skin" and select small, as show in picture below.






Once you select small, you should be seeing something like the picture on the right.








Clock Format
: Change the format by Right clicking on any of the Qlocks and clicking "Set Format". Set it to either 24 hr/12hr.

Transparency: Even though the pic shows that it is a "PRO" feature, this can be adjusted. Now, don't ask me how is it possible?? You can try other "PRO" features too... for FREE.






Set City
:
On clicking the Set City option, a window pops up and you can select the choice of your city from the left navigation bar.

Set Alarm: I found this feature very useful especially for my pre-scheduled chat sessions with friends/family. You can set five different alarms concurrently.

Set Notes: You can attach notes for your tasks.

Learn More...

~R.A.V.I.N.D.E.R
There's much more to come... keep visiting.

2 comments:

Just said...

Who is ur sydney uncle dude!? I only know ur chennai uncle

Unknown said...

hey... my sydney uncle is chennai uncle's brother :)